Week 79 - I worked so hard my chacos actually broke





HELLO everyone!! 

So this week, I looked at the bottom of my chacos, and realized they're both splitting and breaking!! A couple weeks ago I said Sister Pennell and I would work so hard our chacos would break, and it looks like I got there! (don't worry mom, they're still wearable and I'll get through) 

But we have been working really hard this week! It was very full of meetings with Mission Leadership Conference, a Trainer/Trainee meeting, a District Leader/Sister Training Leader meeting, and a fireside with Elder Brown of the 70! So whenever Sister Pennell had time we were running around like crazy in the streets sharing the Gospel with everyone we saw and it was a BLAST! I'm starting to get a little emotional that I don't have much more time left... 

This week we also had a great lesson with our branch president's wife, who is not yet a member! I felt kind of like I was teaching in America because over half the people in the room were American haha. It was a really great lesson though, we felt the spirit really strongly and have high hopes that someday he and his wife will be able to become an eternal family! <3

Thursday was Thanksgiving!! I felt pretty stinkin' spoiled because we got to have a REAL Thanksgiving dinner with our mission family (President and Sister Fisher, plus all the missionaries in Barbados), we even had a special guest! A girl joined us who's a medical student at Ross University, she's from the States and had nowhere to go for Thanksgiving so we invited her to join us, and we had such a good time together!! Sister Fisher even made me an apple pie since I love making that with my mom every year :)

Other highlights:
-Met a really cute teeny tiny kitten named Snowball this week. She fit in the palm of my hand <3
-Got our hair did by a cutie 6 year old, who's the great granddaughter of one of our friends. I felt like a princess! We also asked her to give us some of her "pretty" and she groans, drags her hand across her cheek pretending to scoop up some "pretty" and puts it on our faces hahaha 😂 Sharing is caring!!!
-Painted a house this week!! We had a Light the World kick-off party and painted a member's home, it was super fun! Then we went and had a barbecue, because this week was......
-BARBADOS INDEPENDENCE DAY!! The whole island was proudly wearing yellow and blue and eating conkies, every Bajan's favorite holiday treat :)

Well all in all, this was a really fun week and I can't believe how short time is getting. This week, I'll hit 18 months as a missionary!! I'm SO thankful for how hard my mission has been. It's felt like a furnace of affliction sometimes, but looking back I can see how all the hard things are making me a better me. I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ, They are everything to me. It's completely because of Them that I've been able to make it through!!

I love you all SO very much! Hope you're getting into the Christmas time spirit!!

HUGS,
Sister Gardner :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pre-mission preparations

Week 78 - Heeeeyyy, white people!! WHITE PEOPLE!!! WHIIITTEE!!

Week 36 - Salut!!