Week 80 - Love wunna

aa




Good morning everyone! (PS. Wunna is Bajan for "you guys")

Another week of hard work COMPLETE!! Can't believe how quickly time is flying by. Good thing I got really sunburned this week because I'm going to be in the snowy cold again in just a little over a week now ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

This week started off with my very last Zone Conference.... I felt like kind of an emotional wreck the whole time haha. As soon as Sister Pennell and I walked into the room, all the Elders stood up for us as we sat down, and then President Fisher gave us some amazing counsel and I feel like I got a lot of inspiration for not just until the end of my mission, but also a lot of things that will bless me when I'm back home as well. I was really grateful for that :) Sister Fisher led a great discussion as well about Captain Moroni and how the very powers of hell would have no power if we were all like him! 
We sang "Le coque est mort" for one of my last times (this is a silly little song that we've sung my whole mission whenever we see President) and my eyes TEARED UP. It's not even a spiritual song but I felt it so strongly!

One thing President shared that touched me a lot was some verses in Revelation 12:7-11 about our premortal faith. We conquered Satan by our faith and our testimonies, through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, even BEFORE Christ had accomplished His Atonement!!! WOOWW!! So we had enough faith that Christ really would accomplish what He did that we BEAT SATAN!!! And now we get the chance every single day to have the faith that good things WILL happen, through our testimonies and our faith. We WILL achieve our goals, our friends WILL come to church and prepare for baptism, we WILL become better every day. 

We got the chance to work with the lovely Sister Abitan and Sister Aquino on exchanges this week! I worked with Sister Abitan, and she had such a sweet way of connecting to almost everyone we met and even got a ton of them to take pictures with her haha ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

I've been a missionary for 18 months now!!!! The picture of me holding a paper says "Happy 18 Months" but I dont know if it shows up :)

Sister Pennell and I had the awesome opportunity to teach a ton of cool new people this week!! Lots of super sweet middle-aged Bajan ladies who are fervently seeking for the truth. The spirit was really strong in the lessons we had. I know the Restoration truly took place! Every time I tell someone about it, I feel the spirit confirming how true it is.

We also finished memorizing the Living Christ!! I didn't think I would make it but i DID!! Hopefully I can keep it in my brain forever and it'll always be a little treasure I have :)

I set a goal to finish the Book of Mormon by the end of 2019 to hop in to Come, Follow Me in 2020!!! I have to read around 10 pages a day but I'll make it! Diving into it and really treasuring it up has been a really good experience, and I feel like I'm getting so much strength from it as well :)

We had a few funny experiences with old ladies this week. One was with Granny, one of our friends. She did a little dance in the street for us ๐Ÿ˜‚ We also sang Christmas songs with our friend Joan and she started crying, it was the cutest and sweetest thing ever <3

Well, stay tuned for next week... my last weekly email is coming up! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

I love you all tons!! Thanks for your love and support through everything <3

Big HUGS!!
Sister Gardner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pre-mission preparations

Week 78 - Heeeeyyy, white people!! WHITE PEOPLE!!! WHIIITTEE!!

Week 36 - Salut!!