Week 77 - Struck by the Flu




HELLO friends and family!!

This was an interesting week and it sort of felt like an eternity haha. It started off super well actually, as Sister MacDonald and I got to welcome in two new sister missionaries to the mission!! They're soo sweet and I'm really excited to see all the amazing things they'll accomplish. We got to work with each other for a bit, and I was thankful because working with new missionaries has become one of my favorite things :) 






The middle of the week, we were crazy busy with transfers! My new companion Sister Pennell came in from Saint Lucia and she's wonderful. We helped our old companions, Sister MacDonald and Sister Johnson, get ready to go home, and then on Friday Sister Pennell came down with a pretty bad case of the flu and we had to stay inside basically for three days. It was pretty sad not being able to get out and talk to people. I also really missed the sunshine. I got to run outside on Sunday to take some trash out and as soon as the sun hit my skin I didn't want to go back inside ðŸ˜‚ But it was kinda fun taking care of Sister Pennell!

Since we had to stay in on Sunday as well, we were able to have the sacrament brought to us by Elder Allred, one of the senior missionaries in Barbados, and two priesthood holders in the branch. It was a really special experience getting to partake of the sacrament at home, and it helped me realize how important it really is to have it every week. After partaking of it, I felt more happy and more complete.

One highlight of this week was getting to see Terry, a recent convert in the area. He has a really strong testimony and a desire to share it with his friends and family, so we're really excited about that!! I'll keep you updated :)

Hope you all have a really fabulous week!! Love you all so much, thanks for your prayers and support :)
Hugs,
Sister Gardner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pre-mission preparations

Week 78 - Heeeeyyy, white people!! WHITE PEOPLE!!! WHIIITTEE!!

Week 36 - Salut!!