Week 71 - More Holiness Give Me

Bonjour mes amis!!!

First thing first, conference was absolutely amazing. One of the major themes I noticed was JOY and how we can find joy in our lives. I think that joy is found in living the Gospel simply-- I find myself overcomplicating things sometimes, comparing myself to others, etc-- but living the beautifully basic truths of the Gospel of Jesus Christ creates our own little sanctuaries of joy amongst this kinda crazy world! I also noticed how they spoke about how important our personal commitment to the Gospel is and being intentional about it. We gotta be all in!! I've already set some goals for myself and some changes to make in my life and I already feel a difference within myself and how much joy I feel. I think that as we continue seeking ways to improve our joy just gets fuller and fuller!!! :)

In addition to conference, this was just a good week in general!! We met a lot of cool people this week and have been having a lot of fun in trio life!! Some highlights of the week...

-Our car started having trouble-- it all started on Thursday afternoon when it wouldn't start up as we were trying to get to a lesson! We decided to go back and ask these two men we had just talked to to come take a look at it because none of us have any clue how cars work haha :) We ended up having to call Frere Constant, a member who lives close by who's super good with cars. He got us all fixed up but while we were waiting we got to sit down and teach a lesson to one of the guys, and he's really amazing! So we're thankful that we got to turn that sticky situation into an opportunity to teach the Gospel!

-We did some exploring on P-Day last week in Bouillante and Pointe Noire, two really beautiful little towns!! I'm so thankful for the creations of Heavenly Father!

-Had a super awesome lesson at a member's house with another member couple there-- there were lots of members and lots of spirit!! Having members present was also important to translate into creole, because although I've tried I just can't get it down haha ๐Ÿ˜‚

-Saw baby bunnies and pigs at one of the member's homes ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ–

-Did face masks with mes soeurs and we absolutely died of laughter. Soeur Kitchen is teaching me how to do cartwheels too which makes for even more laughter because I'm not quite getting the hang of it but I will get there!!

Sending lots of love to each of you!!
Love, Soeur Gardner


The pictures include lots of random things, including the face masks, our P-Day trip, and one from all the sisters cuddling at Zone Conference last week :) 

A la prochaine!! :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pre-mission preparations

Week 36 - Salut!!

Week 78 - Heeeeyyy, white people!! WHITE PEOPLE!!! WHIIITTEE!!