Week 70 - Funniest transfer call of my life

BONJOUR!!

This week was pretty much full of craziness, but it was a good one!
My companion and I left the area of Abymes on Friday night, so that week was full of lots of goodbyes. Luckily I didn't get moved off the island though, so I'll still be able to see everyone every once in awhile!  Now I'm serving in a trio with Soeur Kitchen and Soeur Watling back in Sainte Rose, it's been so fun!! 

Although the last few days in Abymes were crazy busy, we had a lot of very incredible experiences! Welkens, who I wrote about last week, progressed SO much. He's already in 2 Nephi in the Book of Mormon and has committed to read five chapters a day! He said the book has really changed his life and brought something special to it. He decided he wants to be baptized on October 12!! We are SOO excited for him! He's this super cool, young, classic Haitain guy and he'll be a great addition to the branch in Abymes :)

This week we also sent the Laynes back home! They were the senior couple serving here, and saying goodbye was so so sad. We all grew to love them with all our hearts, and Guadeloupe just feels so empty now without them here. We're praying and fasting for a new senior couple to come in because we young missionaries need some wise grandparent-ly influence haha ðŸ˜‚

It's been a blast being back in Sainte Rose though, I served here for 6 months before and seeing the people I came to love SOO much like Junie and her family and Albie made my heart just constantly explode with joy! 

This week I also found out the most hilarious thing I could have ever imagined on my mission. So there's this young adult in Guyane where I served for 7 and a half months at the beginning of my mission. He served in the branch presidency but he's only in his early 20s, and he just was such an iconic person in Guyane that I served around for a long time. We also worked with his mom, Soeur Baksh, a LOT while I was there. Their family is from English Guyana but had been in French Guiana for the last 20 years. Well, after I left he got a mission call to serve in San Diego, California! But his visa didn't come through, so he has been temporarily reassigned to serve HERE IN GUADELOUPE as a missionary until his visa comes and he can go to the Provo MTC! So he's going to be in my district and serving alongside me as a missionary. I just never would have imagined that; and me and Soeur Watling just died of laughter when we found out he was coming because we both had served in Guyane. So yeah, that was the funniest transfer call of my life! It'll be fun getting to serve with him!

I love you all tons and hope your week is wonderful!!
Gros bisous,
Soeur Gardner




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pre-mission preparations

Week 36 - Salut!!

Week 78 - Heeeeyyy, white people!! WHITE PEOPLE!!! WHIIITTEE!!