Week 58 - The Craziest and Happiest Week!

Bonjour mes amis!! :)

This week was CRAZY but also super wonderful!!
First, for the most exciting news.....
JUNIE GOT BAPTIZED!
It was a super wonderful and special week leading up to Saturday. We did a fast with her on Friday and she bore a really powerful testimony that she knows this restored Gospel is true and that it will infinintely bless her life. 
Her baptism was absolutely beautiful. 
And after Junie got baptized, Pegguy Afoy got baptized as well!! She's someone who I helped teach for a couple of months before she moved to the other branch-- their family is incredible, it's the part-member family I might have mentioned before. Except now it's an ALL-member family, which brings happiness to my heart! :)



Second....
This was Soeur Christianson's last week, she leaves me tomorrow!!! :'(
But that means that I'll be getting a new companion, and there's big news!!
I'm training AGAIN!
My new companion's name is Sister Kitchen!! I don't know a lot about her yet, but I'm so excited to start getting to know her and introducing her to the wonderful mission life. Training last time was quite the adventure and I feel so lucky to get to do it again! Although I am a little nervous about having a new companion, I know that all things are in God's plan and I'm sure it'll be wonderful.

In other news, this week we were focusing as a district on finding new friends to teach. We were worried early on in the week because we were having a hard time finding, but after a LOT of prayer we were able to reach our district goal! God placed wonderful people on our path and blessed us so much :)

We treated Sister Layne to her first ever banane pesée! We were shocked to hear that she hadn't tried it yet since she's been out almost two years, but we feel lucky we got to be there for her first time. I was honestly a bit skeptical of banane pesée at first, but it's turned out to genuinely become one of my favorite meals!

This morning we arose very early to drive to Pointe de Chateaux, which is in the very South-Eastern corner of Grande Terre. It was still dark when we arrived and I got to see one of the most beautiful, starry night skies I've ever seen in my life (and a couple shooting stars!) We hiked up to the very point and waited for the sun to rise, and it was a really special, beautiful experience. Call me a hippie, but I think there is something incredibly magical about nature and the miracle of God's creations. Sitting there watching the sunrise turned out to be a really spiritual experience for me where I could feel God's love for me. The world is huge and the universe is even huger, but yet God knows and loves "little ol' me" more intricately and deeply than anyone else can. And I think that is aboslutely incredible.

We took some time to read the Book of Mormon on some grass next to the ocean. I read in Jacob 5, and I feel like God gave me a lot of good direction, motivation, and assurance for the role I'll be taking on this week again of a trainer! He brought me more comfort, and I know that I can trust Him.

I love you all and I can testify that Heavenly Father loves YOU as well. All the quirky little details, the short-comings, all the times you fall down, the times when you strive to change and follow His Son-- He loves every part of you. I know that you can place your trust in Him and that He will guide you along with all the care and concern of a loving Father. 

Have a wonderful, happy week!! I invite you to spend some time in nature this week and enjoy the beauty around you-- it's everywhere!!

Love and gros bisous, 
Soeur Gardner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pre-mission preparations

Week 36 - Salut!!

Week 78 - Heeeeyyy, white people!! WHITE PEOPLE!!! WHIIITTEE!!