Week 44 - Like we say... Jesus Take the Wheel (another Albie quote)

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling
WOW!! This has been just about the craziest week of my life but I'm absolutely loving it. 

It started off normal enough, Tuesday was a nice day! We saw one of the sweet members, Soeur Kancel. She is the epitome of adorable. She gave us some mango jam, pineapple jam, and nutella a few weeks ago and on Tuesday we had a really great conversation about her conversion and how she shares the Gospel with others. She is an example to me of quiet faith and consistent efforts of love and reaching out to others.

That evening we came across the FUNNIEST couple while contacting. We "to to to" at this cute little home and the happiest little Caribbean mamie walks out the door. We chat just for a second before her husband walks up. He looks like a Caribbean man version of Albert Einstein (I think it was his hair and his eyebrows hahaha). We start talking to him as well, and they invite us to come sit down on their porch. We take a seat, and the mamie excuses herself for a moment. She comes back out a moment later and announces that she just went to the bathroom (with a little more detail than I'll use haha). Her husband looks at her and goes, "A little privacy, please?" But she just hit his shoulder and told him to stop haha. Then, as we're sitting there with them, the husband goes on and on about the Bible and Book of Mormon while we discover that his wife, we think, has short term memory loss, because she asked if Soeur Christianson was my daughter, or vice versa, over and over and over again. It was honestly really sweet and cute but we were a little sad for her. 

The next day we had Zone Conference!! It's always the best getting to see President Fisher. Later that day we got a call from him that he had made a decision that Soeur Morrell would be coming to join our companionship here for the last week of the transfer! So I am again in a trio and it's a PARTY because we've all already been companions with TONS of hilarious memories. It's awesome ๐Ÿ˜

On Thursday, we went in the morning to do service at a less active woman's house, although it was pouring rain so we had to stay inside. That was actually a SUPER cool experience. Her house is very Caribbean-y-- a tin roof, wood planks as walls, and TONS of little trinkets and pretty things from her travels all over the world. The rain was crashing against the tin roof and something about that sound made me feel so alive. She sang a song about Christ that she had JUST written herself that morning, it was amazing. She showed us pictures of her son who passed away a few years ago from cancer. She showed us her garden (she's SUPER proud of her tomatoes that are starting to grow) and she had us feel this really expensive fabric she bought in Africa. We helped her move some furniture and helped her with interior decorating, and she said she'll sew two skirts for me from some fabric I bought a long time ago in Guyane!! It basically was like I was in a dream and I loved it hahaha :) 

Then that afternoon we had Soeur Cooper and Soeur Watling come in from Guyane for exchanges!! It was awesome!! That night I taught a lesson with Soeur Watling to a new friend (the guy from a few weeks ago who had us work in his field and fed us coconuts haha). It was a great lesson!! We worked with Soeur Victor, an AMAZING member. I felt super bad because we were late meeting her, and then couldn't find our friend's house, but she was an angel. I told her that she was a Rainbow and she told me that I'm really cheesy. I take that as a compliment hahaha! ❤๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ

The next day was the day Soeur Morrell offically moved to our area! So we had FIVE soeurs working together. It was pretty insane. Soeur Morrell was with me and Soeur Cooper. We taught a lesson, then had to run to Sainte Rose to pick up Soeur Constant to teach ANOTHER lesson. Unfortunately the parents weren't home but we had time to talk to their daughter real quick before going back to Sainte Rose to drop off Soeur Constant. On the way, she told us the story of how she met her husband and I was crying from laughter and also just because it's a super sweet story haha. I won't tell the whole thing but the most hilarious part is when she's at the beach with her now husband, best friend at the time, and as he rises up out of the water while she's reading on the beach, she looks at him and gasps and says he looked like a chocolate bar (because of his six pack). Hahaha oh man, maybe you'd have to be there but that story really cracked me up ๐Ÿ˜‚

Then we had GENERAL CONFERENCE!!! I absolutely loved it. I felt like I got some serious direction and perspective for my life that I really needed. I hope you all did as well. I loved the theme of the simplicity of the Gospel and how sometimes we complicate things as members. The focus on learning at home in families really touched me, and made me excited to get to learn and grow in a family of my own one day too. But for now I'm excited to share the message of the Gospel that will be a blessing for the families here in the Caribbean ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Basically this week was insanity also because we didn't have a car for half of it because it's got some problems to get fixed up in the shop... but that made this week a BLAST and a spiritual high, as Heavenly Father's hand was in every moment. I have a testimony that He lives and is in the fabric of our lives, helping us place each individual thread to create a masterpiece.

I love you! Have a happy week full of rainbows and tulips!! Happy Spring!!


๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒท๐Ÿ‡
Soeur Gardner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pre-mission preparations

Week 36 - Salut!!

Week 78 - Heeeeyyy, white people!! WHITE PEOPLE!!! WHIIITTEE!!