Week 43 - I Give This Week a Thumb's Up!!



-April 1

This was an awesome week! It started off in the best way-- with a Family Home Evening and banane pesée! It was with the Afoy family-- I love them SO much. Frère Afoy kinda reminds me of a funny uncle, Peggy (who is getting baptized in April) is a complete angel, and Mélissa, their daughter who got baptized last month is SO sweet too. We had a great discussion about service and they even gave us some cake for my birthday-- they're so thoughtful :)


We also had a lesson with a really cool new friend. He's 17 and has been raised in a very religious home. He has a really profound understanding and love for the Savior. He understood the Restoration SO well too. We are really excited to see where things go with him :)

On Thursday we had exchanges and I got to be back with my sweet amazing old companion Soeur Morrell!! <3 We had a BLAST being together again. We met the two coolest Dominican ladies EVER wearing "mango lipstick" (basically just mango on their lips hahaha). We had a super good conversation about God and families. They're super hilarious and I was laughing so hard at some points, but they also have a deep testimony and I felt the Spirit very strong as well. It was a fun lesson :) 

The three young Haitain guys we're teaching are doing SO well too! We found out that they read the Book of Mormon together in the evening sometimes and we're just so impressed and proud of them. We're secretly (actually maybe not so secretly because I think they've both caught on) trying to set one of them up with one of the fabulous young single adults here... and so far it's going pretty well haha ;)  

Saturday was a crazy day! We were kinda driving all over the island to deliver a letter from President Fisher to all the women who have served missions on the island. So that was craziness trying to find their houses in a place where addresses don't seem to really exist and we don't have GPS haha. But we did it!! With only a minor problem on the way (the streets get pretty narrow sometimes, and as we were passing another car they clipped our side mirror and broke it... and unfortunately didn't even slow down or stop driving haha). Luckily we're all okay and it wasn't anything too major.

This week we were also lucky enough to eat out at this little restaurant place that our friend Albie works at! Albie is from Dominica and is probably the most hilarious person on the planet. I have to hold back my laughter every time he talks because he's just the funniest little Caribbean man haha. He makes the fries at this restaurant his cousin owns so we went to check it out! That was a fun experience hahaha. Some of the funny things he's said:
-Have a blessed and bright day ladies!!
-I don't like a lot of the other churches out there. But I give yours a thumbs up! (where my title comes from haha)
-(while talking about how the priesthood has existed even for ancient prophets) Woah! We goin' back to the BCs!
-(while talking about the Terrestial Kingdom) Well Albie boy, looks like that's where you're goin'!
-How's it goin ladies?
-Ya see what I'm sayin ladies?

-Thank ya ladies
-Stay blessed ladies 

Haha well I love you all lots! I know this Gospel is true and I'm so thankful to get to share it with these hilarious, beautiful, strong people every day. I'm obsessed with them. :)
Stay blessed n bright!!

Love,
Soeur Gardner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pre-mission preparations

Week 36 - Salut!!

Week 78 - Heeeeyyy, white people!! WHITE PEOPLE!!! WHIIITTEE!!