Week 41 - There is white in the forecast...but it ain't snow!!



Coucou mes amis!! This week was just as good as last week-- I still feel like I'm in a dream because I'm just so so happy and having amazing experiences here! Unfortunately I can't remember a TON from this week because I forgot my daily planner and my journal which usually help me out to write these weekly emails, but I'll do my best to resume what happened this week ;)

Tuesday was good! This transfer we're studying Book of Mormon prophets as a disrtict. We talked about Abinadi and how great an example he is of fearless faith and testimony. (we also scared the Elders when they walked into the church so we're feeling proud of ourselves for that hahaha).

We also met a really cool man that night I think that we felt really prompted to talk to. He's a dad of three little girls and had a lot of sincere questions of the Gospel. We felt very led by the spirit to talk to him and we're thankful for that!! :)

On Wednesday we had an AMAZING lesson with a recent convert, Mélissa. She's so wonderful and the lesson was incredible!! We talked about the Plan of Salvation and talked about baptism. The spirit was tangible and I felt the Spirit telling me SO strongly, "these are my sons. Please help them return unto me." That touched me so deeply and I could feel how extremely profoundly Heavenly Father loves them. They accepted to be baptized and will probably be baptized in April!!

Thursday to Sunday is sort of a mush haha, but I know we talked to some funny people, had another great lesson with Mélissa's mom, Peggy, who also has accepted to be baptized in April!! So now we're expecting to have at least 4 baptisms next month (hence the white in the forecast)!! We could not be more excited haha!!

On Sunday we saw another friend, Jean-Luc, who has read the whole Book of Mormon and has received a witness that it's true!! He's engaged but was already choosing to keep the Law of Chastity on his own and chooses not to drink alcohol. We had a wonderful lesson about the Gospel of Jesus Christ with him and also talked to him about baptism, which will possibly be next month too!! 

Other than all the awesome lessons we had, we did lots of contacting that week and met some super sweet people. Lots of adorable mamis (cute Caribbean grandmas), one of whom, when I asked if I could use her bathroom told me to just squat right there and go, cuz that's how she always does it!! According to her the bathroom is just too far away haha :) Another mami sang for us a beautiful song about how we are the salt of the earth and the light of the world. We saw a huge, beautiful rainbow this week and sure felt God's love :)

I think that about wraps up what I can remember... sending love to you all and hope you have a good week!! And happy spring which I think is supposed to start this week :)

Avec tout mon amour,
Soeur Gardner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pre-mission preparations

Week 36 - Salut!!

Week 78 - Heeeeyyy, white people!! WHITE PEOPLE!!! WHIIITTEE!!