Week 29 - Je vous souhaite une Joyeuse Noel!!

Merry Christmas Eve to each of you!

This week was a good one! 
On Monday night we had a family home evening with our friend Fabienne at a member's house, Soeur Joannie. Another member, Soeur Yvette from Guadeloupe was there too (she's here in Guyane for a few months to work). We talked about the Christmas story and shared our testimonies of Christ, it was the best. Totally got us all in the Christmas spirit again! It's hard to remember sometimes that it's Christmas when we're sweatin' like none other in the heat among palm trees, not a snowflake anywhere to be found... but when we talk about Christ and are with the people we've come to love so much, I can definitely say I feel LOTS of the Christmas spirit :)

On Tuesday we had the BEST District Council because Soeur Anne-Gaelle, our recent convert, was there to participate! She talked about good things the missionaries did (that means me and Soeur Krucher haha!) and advice she would give as well. It was the coolest and Soeur Anne-Gaelle is the BEST :)

On Thursday we did lots of contacting and it was a fun time. I accidently introduced myself as Soeur Morrell to somebody, that's when you know you've got a unified companionship hahaha :)

Friday was awesome because we worked with Soeur Magny, the cutest little old French lady you ever did see. We had three good lessons that day!!

Saturday we did a lot of follow ups with our friends and invited tons of people to come to church for the special Christmas meeting the next day!! We also went into downtown Cayenne again to sing carols with the Elders and invite more people to come to church. We met some really cool people-- one guy from Haiti who spoke super good English and a really awesome woman who both sang with us for a little bit! We sang lots of Christmas songs that are just in the French Anitlles, and they are SO fun! I couldn't keep up with the words because they move so fast, but you can't help but dance when you hear those songs :)

And yesterday (Sunday) was so fun!! We had lots of people come to church and had an amazing meeting. We sang "It Came Upon the Midnight Clear" in the choir and it went well! As I looked out at the congregation singing praises to the Lord in French, I had a bit of a re-realization moment of where I really am and what I'm actually doing. It really sank in that I'm seriously a missionary in French Guiana among these AMAZING members and friends that I love with all my heart. What a lucky ducky I am :)
Last night we got together with our zone (all 8 missionaries in the country haha) and caroled to some of the friends and members in the branch! Seeing their faces light up was the BEST part.

So even though I may not be in a winter wonderland, I am in the Christmas spirit and I'm so excited for tonight and tomorrow!! We'll be spending time with the members, watching a movie (Incredibles 2!!!) and talking to our families!! It'll be a great day full of love and happiness. What more could a soeur want? :)

I love you all so much and wish you a Merry Christmas! Enjoy every moment :)

Lots of love,
Soeur Gardner  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pre-mission preparations

Week 36 - Salut!!

Week 78 - Heeeeyyy, white people!! WHITE PEOPLE!!! WHIIITTEE!!