Week 17 - Lots of Sweat, but Lots of Love!! :)

Bonjour mes amis!!! I hope you're all doing well and enjoying the Fall weather! Things are just getting hotter here in FG and I'm admittedly missing Fall a little. I love summer, but I also really like seeing the seasons change-- but on the bright side, I get lots of sunshine every day-- no lack of Vitamin D haha! ;)

Anyway, this week I learned a LOT about the importance of prayer and of humility. We spent the beginning of the week doing lots of contacting, but almost nobody we talked to was very interested. I felt like we weren't really in the right place at the right time and it was hard to feel like we were following the Spirit. So I started praying really hard to be more receptive to promptings and studied tons of scriptures about humility and patience. I asked God every day for miracles and tried to change my attitude, to really BELIEVE that we will meet somebody that day who is searching for light in their life. And on Saturday, our prayers were answered!! We were guided to an incredible young mother who lives in the forest, where I thought we'd already talked to everyone there several times. But we felt inspired to talk to her, and came to find out that the father of her three year old son had passed away. She expressed to us how hard it was for her, and we felt so much sadness and compassion for her as well. We felt prompted to share the Plan of Salvation with her, and she seemed very intrigued and interested to learn more. So I'm very excited that we were led to her, and I pray that the Gospel will help fill this hole she feels in her life now.

What other exciting things happened...
-On Tuesday I saw another iguana climbing a tree!! I had no clue iguanas climbed trees, but they sure do! It looks like a little dinosaur clumsily scurrying up the trunk haha! It honestly made my day! :) 
-That same day we talked to some funny people on the street. Almost all of them scolded us for not carrying umbrellas while walking under the sun haha. The next day we definitely remembered the umbrellas.
(Side Note: Whenever I carry an umbrella while walking around here, I feel like Mary Poppins with a dress, a huge bag, and of course the umbrella haha)
-On Wednesday we had a branch Bingo night!! It was so fun, we had a pretty good turnout and one of the people we're teaching came as well! For some reason I had really good luck and won twice in a row haha. I won a lot of candy, but I shared it with everyone so they wouldn't get mad at me ;) ðŸ˜‚
-Sunday was also an amazing day because we had 4 people come to church!! I was SO excited and have lots of hope for them!! :)

Some awesome things about Soeur Morrell I forgot to mention last time:
-We have lots of really funny similarities. Both our dads work different organizations from tje church, both our moms went back to school to get more education, we both have just 2 younger sisters, we both spent a few years living in the South (she lived a few years in Texas), and she is best friends with my second cousin Hunter!! And we both went to BYU! So we have quite a bit in common and get along really well. I love her :)

Well, I think that's about all for this week! Next week will be an exciting letter as we'll spend Friday night in Martinique on the way to Barbados for Sisters Conference!!

I invite you all to listen to General Conference this weekend with open hearts. I know we can receive revelation for ourselves, for our personal struggles and trials, through the words of the prophet, apostles, and other church leaders who will speak to us. So don't just brush this off!! Take it as an opportunity to apply what you learn and progress :)

Lots of love to you all!! Bisous!
Soeur Gardner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pre-mission preparations

Week 36 - Salut!!

Week 78 - Heeeeyyy, white people!! WHITE PEOPLE!!! WHIIITTEE!!