Week 15 - Freaking Out a Little Bit!!








Bonjour tout le monde!!

This week has been packed with lots of stuff!! It was Sorut Krucher's last week in Guyane, so we spent lots of time visiting old friends and saying goodbye to everybody! It was weird for me the whole week knowing that pretty soon, Soeur Krucher wouldn't be here with me anymore. I am super sad to see her leave because she was truly an AMAZING trainer!! But I feel at peace knowing that I have lots more things to learn from a new companion! But little did I know...
I'm going to be training a new sister!!!!! I don't know much about her yet, just that her name is Soeur Morrell and that she's from Utah!! But I'm super excited to meet her!! ๐Ÿ˜

I have to admit that when I got the call on Saturday night that I'd be training, I was quite overwhelmed haha!! I certainly did NOT expect that! So many thoughts were racing through my head and I honestly was really doubting my abilities. I still feel SO new, and having a completely new sister has a companion-- well, it'll just be a funny situation haha! But even though I didn't really have the confidence in myself, I felt a sense of peace knowing that God would be right there beside me helping me along. I know that I've been given this opportunity for a reason and that I will learn SO much, so now I'm mostly just excited and grateful to get to train!! Definitely pray for me extra hard though, hahaha ๐Ÿ˜‚

Right now I'm actually in Martinique!! Soeur Krucher had to fly here to get to Barbados in order to get back home, so I'll be here until Thursday and will then go back to Guyane!! I'll meet my new companion in the airport, and the adventure will begin!!

What other things happened this week... Well, we talked to lots of people who Soeur Krucher had taught in the past, and it was really cool to see how some of them have changed since Soeur Krucher last saw them. A few showed some real interest in the Gospel, so I'm excited to see what will come of that with Soeur Morrell!!

What else...
  • We started doing exercise outside this week!! Normally we just do some wimpy stretches and jumping jacks in the apartment haha, but this week we started running around a little lake not far from our apartment!! I've really enjoyed that, we've met some funny people out doing exercise in the morning haha!
  • We went to a lesson with Soeur Anne-Gaelle, the woman who we recently baptized!! It was AMAZING to have her there with us, bearing testimony of the Gospel. I felt so much joy in my heart seeing how much love and peace she has found because of the Savior and his restored Gospel. Truly a realllllyyy incredible feeling :)
  • I got a new nametag because I lost one of them at the MTC haha (whoopsie!!) and it's kinda funny, because it says "Sister Gardner" in English but everything else is in French. It confuses the people here sometimes hahaha :)
Well I think that's about all!! Definitely an exciting week, and I'm sure the next few weeks will be even crazier!!
Love you all, sending you hugs and prayers!

Avec tout mon amour,
Soeur Gardner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pre-mission preparations

Week 36 - Salut!!

Week 78 - Heeeeyyy, white people!! WHITE PEOPLE!!! WHIIITTEE!!