Week 11 - An Eventful Week!

This has been a really exhausting week, but also a really great one for me. I've been able to get more confirmation that this is truly where the Lord wants me to be, and I'm slowly starting to feel like an instrument in His hands!

We had quite a few lessons this week, but a LOT of them fell through, so we got to do a good amount of contacting!! We met lots of great and funny people, ya gotta love the people here in French Guiana :) We were led to several people who really seemed to be looking for something in their life or who were going through a hard trial, and I know God is placing them in our parth for a reason.

We got 2 new missionaries in French Guiana this week, and 4 missionaries left! So we're down to just a group of 6 now instead of 8-- our sectors got bigger because of this, which has been a bit stressful, but we're getting the hang of it!!

We also were able to do a Videochat Zone Conference with the missionaries serving in Barbados, that was a great experience!! Kinda a funny first Zone Conference (usually they'll be in person, the mission president just wasn't able to get a flight here in time). I took away lots of great advice to apply to the work! :)

Things in general are starting to feel more like home-- I'm starting to know my way around, I'm feeling more and more love for the people here, and the language is coming along too! I still am not fluent in French by any means, but it's coming little by little and I can mostly understand people. :)

A couple funny things:

-Somebody asked Soeur Krucher if I was her daughter haha! It was a really sweet, elderly Asian woman, I don't think she could see very well. But I found that really funny that she thought we had THAT big of an age difference!! Soeur Krucher told me that one time, somebody thought the Elders were 40 years old!! It's true that people here tend to look ages younger than they really are, but I just think it's hilarious they think our ages are that far off!!

-I've yet to see a sloth or a monkey, I am constantly on the hunt. But I did see an iguana!! It was freaky and a lot bigger than I expected, but also suuuuper cool!!

-We bought some beautiful fabric to have a member make skirts for us!! I'll send pictures of the finished product :)

I love y'all!! Thank you for your constant love, support, and prayers!!

Bonne journée à vous!! 
(Good day to you!)

Soeur Gardner

Pictures (which are actually from last week but never sent): Includes the exploded fan, a cute breakfast Soeur Krucher made for me, and some scripture cases made by a member in the ward! "Souviens-toi de Lui" translates to Remember Him :)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pre-mission preparations

Week 36 - Salut!!

Week 78 - Heeeeyyy, white people!! WHITE PEOPLE!!! WHIIITTEE!!