Week 12 - A really rewarding week!!

This week has been super busy full of some interesting and awesome experiences, so Ill just jump right into it! 

-On Monday we visited a space museum here in Guyane! The European Space Agency has a space center here, so we got to see the musuem! I didnt understand hardly anything because it was all in french, but I still thought it was a great experience :)

-On Tuesday, there was a little earthquake! Apparently it started in Venezuala, but we definitely felt it here! We were in a lesson with somebody during it, which was also interesting. Shed been experiencing some really bad pain in her knees, but after the earthquake, she said she felt better and that the earthquake was God healing her! I dont know, just thought that was an interesting experience/miracle to share :)

-I got a parking ticket!! :( Luckily it wasnt too expensive, but I can no longer say Ive never gotten a ticket haha. It was a bummer, but its all good!! not too big of a deal :)

-I got a really gnarly bruise on my knee! It looks impressive but sadly the story is really lame... I was just running to my desk in the apartment to grab something and ran my knee right into the bedpost haha!! Classic, graceful Soeur Gardner hahaha :)

But most importantly, we had a BAPTISM!!!!!

I think I mentioned Anne Gaelle in an email a few weeks ago, but she is truly incredible!!  She is from France and is here in French Guiana working with her husband in the marines. She heard about the church in France over 2 years ago, but wasnt very interested at the time. But in April, she contacted church headquarters in Salt Lake City, requesting a Book of Mormon and lessons with the missionaries! She accepted the Gospel right away, gave up all coffee and alcohol without a second thought, and is just a MIRACLE!! She taught us way more than we taught her. We are proud of her for making the decision to be baptized and we know she will be a wonderful addition to the branch here in French Guiana! I love her with all my heart!! Seeing her be baptized gave me such a wonderful feeling. I know that God is SO proud of her for being baptized and that shes now on the path back to Him!! I feel so lucky I got to be a part of her journey! 

Another exciting piece of news: we found out President Nelson will be talking to all the missionaries and all the members here in the Caribbean!! We get to watch a broadcast of him speaking in Santa Domingo! That will be on this Saturday! Im so excited to get some counsel from the prophet, and Im already super excited for General Conference too!! 

So to wrap things up, things have been good this week! Im finding more and more joy in missionary work, I know the Savior lives, and that He loves you! Have a wonderful week! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pre-mission preparations

Week 36 - Salut!!

Week 78 - Heeeeyyy, white people!! WHITE PEOPLE!!! WHIIITTEE!!