Week 3 - Time Sure Flies! (MTC)



image2.jpeg


Salut tout le monde (hi everybody)! 

This week has been a really good one! It’s basically my last week in the MTC, I’m leaving really early on Monday morning for Barbados (as far as I know— I haven’t heard news about my visa but apparently no news is good news πŸ˜Š). I can’t believe my time in the MTC is almost over! I was honestly nervous that I wouldn’t like the experience here, and there are some aspects of it that I’m not too sad to leave. But all in all, I’ve loved it here. I’ve come to love my teachers and my district so much, it’ll be really hard to say goodbye to everyone. Something about going through this transition together really causes you to have a special bond. They’ve become like my second family in a way. It’s been fun having people going to lots of different missions in our district, but it’s hard at the same time since I probably won’t see most of them again... πŸ˜” we’ll do our best to stay in touch and maybe someday we’ll get to have a reunion! :)

Anyways, everything this week went pretty well. We got a new TRC investigator (they switch every week) named Rebekah, who is really awesome. We’re pretty sure she’s a member because she has a CTR (Choose the Right) ring, which she probably wouldn’t wear if she wasn’t a member, since most other people don’t know what they are haha :) but I don’t really mind it too much, I just treat her as if she was a real investigator and all goes well πŸ˜Š

Teaching in English has been nice since I understand everything and can express myself clearly, but it also makes me a little nervous to start speaking French in the actual mission field soon. I’m sure it’ll come along and I’ve been speaking it with other missionaries when I can, so I’m just gonna try not to stress out too much πŸ˜Š

Sundays continue to be one of my favorite days. I get to see my branch presidency, and they’re all amazing. I get to sing in the choir and go to devotionals, which are really great as well. Something is always said to help  motivate me to keep going. Last Sunday we heard from the Gilberts, who do something here in the MTC (I missed what haha). We sang lots of primary songs, which reminded me of my childhood and how far I’ve come. Sometimes I can’t believe I’m actually old enough to be here on a mission, it’s something that’s always seemed like a sort of mystical journey to me. But I am happy I’m here to see how it plays out for me and what my mission will be like. I truly feel like this is part of God’s plan for me, and I’ve already seen myself growing and improving. Missions really are a privilege and a blessing πŸ˜Š

I’ve been getting along with my companions really well too, especially this week. We’ve starting opening up more and just being silly together— on Mondaywe took some funny pictures I’ll include in my picture Email later :) it had been quite a few weeks that I’d laughed that hard, and it really boosted my spirits! sometimes we just look at each other and start laughing for no reason, it’s nice to have fun with them and keep things light. it definitely makes missionary life better :) 

Yesterday I got to go to Salt Lake to take Sister Ainuu to an appointment! Our driver was really nice, and it felt good to get out of the MTC for a couple hours. We got to stop at the food court, and even though it was hospital food I was so thankful to eat something other than the cafeteria food from the MTC πŸ˜‚

Right now we’re actually in a hospital in Provo at another appointment. They’re still not sure what’s wrong with Sis. Ainuu, but it’s something with her lungs. I hope they get it sorted out soon... it doesn’t seem to be too serious, so hopefully that’s true. She’s a lot of fun and just a good friend,  so I really do hope the best for her.

I think those are all the main events of the week! On Sunday we’re having a devotional that apparently is going to be really awesome... the MTC pres said it’ll be like nothing we’ve seen before. So I’m glad i get to stay for that and see what all the hype is about! 

I love you all and hope you have a great week! The next big email I send will be from Barbados! Wish me luck! 

Love,
Soeur Gardner
You can almost see her in this pic (with the Barbados flag)


image4.jpegimage1.jpegimage2.jpegimage3.jpeg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pre-mission preparations

Week 36 - Salut!!

Week 78 - Heeeeyyy, white people!! WHITE PEOPLE!!! WHIIITTEE!!